My Nigh Time Skincare Routine! (Taiwan Edition)



Hi Friends :) 

These are the products I use everyday in my night time skincare routine. My skin type is mixed as well as acne prone since the end of my teens, although it has changed over time both due to age & also treatments! Throughout the end of my teenage years (it started when I was 17) I got acne pretty bad on my T-zone (in particular the forehead area - that was the worst). Eventually the product that cleared it up is the Curaspot range which contains benzoyl peroxide for spot treatment.


Makeup Remover
First, I remove my makeup every night using the Nivea In-Shower Wash Cream and Makeup Remover. Makeup removing cream in shower get a pretty bad rep as they are often seen as the "lazy option" when it comes to taking off your makeup. However this Nivea one have always worked so well for me! It never break me out, it's easy to use and get rid of even the toughest eye makeup. I use a bit of product only for both my whole face. Obviously, you do not want to use this on its own to take off your makeup & cleanse your face at night. It's really important to cleanse properly afterwards. I think if you do this, there's no problem with using in shower wash cream to remove your makeup. I just wouldn't use this on its own!


Cleanser
I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Gel both morning & night. This is quite cheap and you get a lot of bang for your buck as this 200ml tube lasts a very long time! I use it on my face to wake up each morning and every night after taking off my makeup. This ensures that I get rid of every scrap of dirt, residue & makeup from the day. I also use the Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover by Lancome to clean, with no oily effect, while conditioning the outline of my eyes. It's a good one if you want to make sure that the product you are using to clean your eyes will not be irritating. Other than that, I just love the way those products make my skin feel after using them! It looks & feels squeaky clean and I can go to bed knowing that my face has been properly cleansed. 


Acne/Spot Treatment
As I mentioned previously, I have acne prone since the end of my teens years. I recommend Curaspot as that is the only thing that worked for me to clear my acne! It comes in a tube like toothpaste, you can get it at some pharmacies or online (you don't need a prescription). I use level 5 (5% benzoyl peroxide) and you need a tiny amount applied only to the spot where you're breaking out, no more than once a day (I use it only twice a week as I got my skin under control now). This stuff does dry out the skin so be sure to use a good moisturiser afterwards! 
Nota: I still have some break downs sometimes and some spots due to hormones (like most people I think) but this is nothing compare to before. So be sure to use this product according to the situation of your skin!


Eye Serum & Moisturiser
Last but not least, I use these combination every night. After I turned 22 I went looking for a good eye cream and the lady at the Estée Lauder counter recommended to me the Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum. Because I'm in my 20's and only really looking for a preventative against the first signs of ageing and dark circles, this suits my skin better than a heavy eye cream. It's a lightweight serum which comes in both a pump bottle & a little tub but I prefer this packaging as one pump is all you need for both eyes. It is expensive but you go through tiny amounts everyday so again I feel that it's worth it! I purchased my first bottle in December and still haven't had to buy a new one. For my moisturiser I use Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal for normal/dry skin. This feels so light & cooling on my skin - I love it!


That's my current skincare routine - I hope this post was helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below or on my FACEBOOK. Otherwise I will see you soon for another post!



Popular posts from this blog

My Make Up Routine: Naked 2 by Urban Decay

My Make-Up Routine! Spring/Summer 2017 edition

Moving to Tainan!