October 2017: Unfiltered - no shame, no regrets, just me by Lily Collins


Hi Friends :)

Welcome back for another book of the month!
Little fact: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 was mental health day.

And because this is something important to me, I thought that for this month, I will talk about a book I read that mentions mental health.
This is why I've chosen Lily Collins's book call Unfiltered: no shame, no regrets, just me.


Summary:

In this groundbreaking debut essay collection, actress Lily Collins - star of To The Bone and Rules don't Apply is opening a poignant, honest conversation about the things young women struggle with: body image, self-confidence, relationships, family, dating and so much more. For the first time ever, Lily shares her life and her own deepest secrets, proving that every single one of us experiences pain and heartbreaks. We all understand what it's like to live in the light and in the dark. For Lily, it's about making it through to the other side, where people love what they see in the mirror and where they embrace them self just as they are. She's learned that all it take is one person standing up and saying something for everyone else to realize they're not alone. By turns hilarious and heartbreaking, Lily's honest voice will inspire people to be who they are and say what they feel. It's time to claim a voice! It's time to live a life unfiltered.


My opinion:

Like I've said, I've read this book at the beginning of the month and I absolutely loved it.
I don't want to say it's like an autobiography because it's not really about her life in that sense.
 It's more things that have happened to her, that have changed her and she's kind of passing on advice which I really liked. 
I thought it was such a good way of sharing parts of your life that you might not normally share. 
It's not just like facts (like where she grew up or stuff) and its not about her entire life; it was more the things that have had an impact on her life and that changed her and that shaped her.
 Also, it's other things that she could then pass on like pieces of advice.

When I was reading this,I wanted to like fold the pages where I was like "I must remember that quote" and there were so many parts in this book that I could completely relate to (like eating disorder and body shaming) - other maybe not so much (brows obsession) but it was really interesting to read about the way she handled certain situations in her life and it was really eye opening and inspiring.

I think it would have been the perfect book for me to have read when I was around that age of like 19-21 when everything seems a bit daunting and you've kind of started college/ business school and you're thinking "what is my life??!!".

I feel like this would have been very comforting for me at that time so that's why I would highly recommend this book. 
And I think you would really take something from it so if you need something to read to kind of find advice's, here you go :) 


See you next month with another book :)


Popular posts from this blog

My Make Up Routine: Naked 2 by Urban Decay

My Make-Up Routine! Spring/Summer 2017 edition

Moving to Tainan!