Summer 2017: Cebu, Philippines (Part 2: Island Hopping & Whale Shark Watching)

Hi Friends :)

While I was in Cebu, Philippines, I've decided that I wanted to see as many underwater life as I can.

To do so, I started by going on a Island hopping trip July 12th. 
I rented a little boat with 2 other people I've met the day before (yeah I'm like that).
 In the morning, we left at 8am for a day of adventure.



After about 45 minutes of sailing in turquoise waters, we did our first stop of the day in a kind of lagoon to scuba-dive for a while.




 Then we went to a small island to have some rest and enjoy some fresh coconut water.


 On our way to our second spot to dive, we stopped so that our guide could teach us how to fish like a Filipino. And I've got one!



For lunch, we just stopped in a floating restaurant to enjoy some fish and shellfish (crab and prawns for me).
In the afternoon, we just dive some more before going back to the hotel to rest.






My second underwater activity of this trip was whale shark watching in Oslob July 15th.
I swam before with dolphins, rays and fishes but never something as big as a whale shark... (15 meters long).

For this one, I had to wake up at 3am and leave the hotel at 4am. 
Why ? 
Because I had a 3 hours drive to get from Cebu to Oslob and that the only time of the day you can swim with the Whale Shark is for their breakfast which is between 6:30 and 9am.
Also, the sooner you are there, the fewer people there will be.

I was very lucky that day.
 I arrived at Oslob at 6:45 and was in the first boat leaving to go to the spot where you can swim with the whale shark.
So basically, it was just me, my photographer (a guy with a gopro that was taking pics for you for almost nothing) and a shoal of whale shark.





FYI: yes, I was terrified and yes this is very scary. But sometimes, you just need to conquer your fear to do something awesome.







Want to see some amazing whale shark watching? watch this GoPro award one: 
(This is not me and I do not owned this video, I just share it ;) )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IJFJDrY2CY

See you next week for the last part ;)




Popular posts from this blog

My Make Up Routine: Naked 2 by Urban Decay

My Make-Up Routine! Spring/Summer 2017 edition

Moving to Tainan!