My Make-Up Routine! Spring/Summer 2017 edition


Hi Friends :)

One of my most requested posts is my everyday makeup routine. The only reason I didn't do an update sooner is because I very rarely switch it up! In fact you will notice a whole lot of similarities in this one with my last makeup routine post in the techniques I use. It changed slightly a little after then when I purchased a new eyeshadow palette and it has remained the same up until now! I am a creature of habit and when I find something I like, I tend to stick with that. So this is how I apply my makeup every single day. 



This is my face without makeup. As you can see I have a lot of blemishes, under-eye circles, pretty fair eyebrows when they're not filled in, and my skin lacks a lot of colour!



This is how I look after applying my everyday face! Much better :) I normally go for a natural smokey eye, bronzer, some peachy pink blush and a nude lip. Here are the products I used and how I did it:



The contents of my everyday makeup bag.


THE BASE
After putting on my moisturizer, I start out with concealer. I use Estée Lauder DoubleWear Concealer in Light Medium. This covers all my dark circles & blemishes - I just apply with my Sephora Multitasker complexion 45 brush. For foundation, I use Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h in 02 Lys Rosé. It really does stay in place all day! It covers everything, creates a flawless base and leaves a matte finish. I apply this using my fingers. Next I cover my lids & prime them for eyeshadow so that it will stay on all day. I also do this even if I'm not planning on wearing any eyeshadow as it covers up any redness or blue/purple veins on the eyelids. For this I use Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original. It is the same colour as my foundation/concealer. I apply using my ring fingers. After I've done my base, I dust over the whole face with powder to set everything. For this I use Nocibe Light Powder in 03 Ultimate beige with my Nocibe Powder brush. With these base products, I never get oily or shiny on my T-zone and never ever have to touch-up or blot my makeup (even in the summer!). It stays put all day, from the moment I put it on at 8:30 in the morning!

THE EYES
To frame the face I brush my eyebrows using Yves Rocher eyebrow pencil in 03 Chatain. I then whip out my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette - a beautiful selection of Pink shimmery shadows which are perfect for everyday. I first take the color Mugshot and Liar using a flat eyeshadow brush and apply that to my lids. I define my crease with Buzz with the opposite side of the same brush. I then mix Factory and a bit of Blackheart and apply them in my outer corner with a fluffy eyeshadow brush so that everything is nice & smokey. I also use the same colour to define my lower lash line using an eyeliner brush. Last, I take Strange with a flat eyeshadow brush and apply it to the brow bone & inner corner. I finish off my eyes with mascara - my favourite is Lancôme Hypnose I apply that to top lashes. 

THE LIPS
My current go-to favorite lipstick are Yves Rocher Moisturizing Cream Lipstick in 82 Brown Hazelnut and Channel Rouge Coco in 10 Camélia. They are the perfect nude according to what I'm wearing and the formulas are so soft and buttery... I can't recommend them enough!



And that's how I do my makeup!



Popular posts from this blog

My Make Up Routine: Naked 2 by Urban Decay

Moving to Tainan!