Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Hi Friends :)

Since April, my schedule being twice as full as it was before, I've been a bit naughty and have neglected my little blog. Sorry for that. 

With the Autumn months upon us and today being one of the first chilly, fresh, grey days this year and although I am VERY excited for the leaves to turn different shades of orange and red, it was a reminder that I should get back to my blog as promised.

And what better way to do that than to share with you my holiday snaps and comments.

Crete is one of those places for me, that feels like a home away from home. This was my third time visiting and my first time on the West coast (I was staying in the Rethymno Prefecture. Before I've been to Agios Nikolaos and Heraklio)

I stayed at Aegean Creta Star Hotel**** for two weeks. It's a hotel located in the village of Skaleta, just outside of Rethymno.

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

During my stay, I spent some days outside the hotel doing excursions. 
My first one was Gamvoussa. It's an island that hosts the remains of a Venetian Fort and the remains of buildings left behind by Cretan insurgents, who were compelled to live as pirates during the Greek War of Independence
It's really a beautiful place and I enjoyed being there even if it was for a short amount of time. The climbing to go to the Fort is good for the health and the view is a reward good enough :)

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete


On the same day that I go to Gramvoussa I went in the afternoon to the Balos Lagoon, a little paradise with its shallow clear blue water. 

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Another of my excurssion was the Elafonissi Beach (also call the pink sand beach) with the Crysoskalitissa Monastety and the Agia sophia Cave. It was a nice day but we sadly spent more time on the bus travelling than on one location...

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete
  
Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete


Of course, what kind of tourist will I be if I didn't go to the city near my hotel to visit and do some shopping... I went to Rethymno twice during my stay. Once every week. The first time, I just looked around and took some pictures and the second time, I did some souvenir and postcard shopping

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete


Travelling alone is for me something I’m working on in terms of confidence and anxiety, but to be able to go away to a place I know and love is very important for me. It makes it easier to switch off and unwind. 

Although completely switching off from the internet is near enough impossible for me, I do an alright job of it in Crete with the odd tweet, snapchat and instagram. It was nice not having to wear makeup every day, and the days felt longer with less to do. 

I also found that 15 days was absolutely perfect because by the time it came to flying home, I was SO ready to go back to school! 

It’s very important to take time out to recharge your batteries and if you can do it somewhere you love, with sand, sea and sun, then it’s that little bit more beautiful. 

Lily-Maebh: Summer Holiday 2016 - Crete


On this, I hope you guys had a wonderful summer and a nice Back to School day. Both were good for me :)

 I wish you guys a nice weekend and I will see you soon for another post (a little surprise is on its way ;) )




Popular posts from this blog

My Make Up Routine: Naked 2 by Urban Decay

My Make-Up Routine! Spring/Summer 2017 edition

Moving to Tainan!