October 2016: Percy Jackson - The Saga (5 books)

Hi Friends :)

Welcome back for another book of the month. :D
This month, I wanted to talk about a book that make me have an obsession for Greece and the Greek mythology:

Percy Jackson - The Saga (5 books) by Rick Riordan


Image associée


Summary: 

Finding out at twelve years that you are the son of one of the most powerful gods of Olympus, it changes a life. This is what happened to Percy Jackson. He then enters an extraordinary world filled with mythical creatures and demigods like him. Friendships, betrayals and battles against the terrifying Titans. Over the years, Percy will be expected to play a crucial role in the survival of Olympus, threatened by a prophecy that only he is able to change.

My opinion:

I first read this book when I was still in high school and it changes my life. You don't only discover the world of Percy Jackson, you also learn a lot about the Greek Mythology. 
After reading those 5 books (which are quite short when you're a good reader), I actually find myself very interesting in Greece itself and the proper story of the gods.
Even now, if you read my last post, you know that I still like to go in Greece's island to hear more about those stories and beliefs (I was in Crete this summer, the island where Zeus was born).

About the book, I like how the author describes everything, whether it's the character or the places they are in. 
From one book to another, there is always a new adventure but that is still linked to the major point: the prophecy.
And when you read the last book, you can see two things: a nice and proper end or the beginning of a new and different adventure, which is good because when I was reading it, it was supposed to be the end.

But actually, surprise, there is another saga call Heroes of Olympus, that is following Percy Jackson's adventures but not only. And what is good is because it includes new characters and story-line, it gives Percy a breath of fresh air so that we are never tired of him. Indeed, in this new saga, he is not the major character but only one of them.

For those of you who are skeptic about this saga, just give it a try. You might don't like but you might also find a good book. And just like Harry Potter, it's not only a book for kids!!!
From the first book to the last one and then the next saga, the writing gets more mature and it's like your mind and knowledge of the Greek Mythology is growing up with the characters!


On this, I hope you will read this book. If you do or if you've already read it, please leave me a comment here or on Facebook about what you thought about it :)

Wish you guys a nice end of week 




Popular posts from this blog

My Make Up Routine: Naked 2 by Urban Decay

My Make-Up Routine! Spring/Summer 2017 edition

Moving to Tainan!